AMOS Large Charcoal Chimney Starter
The AMOS Chimney Starter is the easiest, quickest & cleanest way to light charcoal for your barbecue this summer!
The concept of the chimney starter has been around since the 1960s when the first device was invented by Hugh King, Garner Byars and Lavaughn Johnson. The reason that it has stood the test of time and is still widely used is that, it really does work!
The AMOS Chimney Starter will light your charcoal easily and quickly. It will save you time and money, and stop your hands getting dirty and burnt from juggling hot charcoal. Once you try it you won’t look back at your old lighter fluid using ways. This magnificent invention gives you tastier and healthier food, without the need for toxic firelighters or lighter fluid.
It is remarkably easy to use, simply fill the AMOS Chimney Starter with your choice of charcoal, place newspaper underneath the grate and light it on fire. The fire rises through the holes in the grate and the "chimney effect" causes the charcoal to light from the bottom all the way up to the top. In just 10 – 20 minutes your charcoal will be hot and ready. Carefully pour the hot coals along the bottom of your barbecue and start cooking!
Excellent air circulation is vital for the charcoal to burn properly. The AMOS Chimney Starter features a cylindrical shape, with bottom holes that allow it to pull in the air from outside, drawing it up through the chimney. The specially designed conical grate exposes more charcoal edges to the flame, draws the fire up into the charcoal, concentrating and focusing the flame, which in turn speeds up the ignition. Unlike most of the cheaper chimney starters, the AMOS Chimney Starter features additional side holes that ensure that the air can circulate through all of the charcoal, not just at the top and the base. This will guarantee that the charcoal burns evenly resulting in evenly cooked food every time!
The AMOS Chimney Starter is constructed from heavy-duty galvanised steel for extra safety and durability. Do not worry about the slight discolouration after use, as this is completely normal. Keep it out of the rain and it will last for many years to come!
Additional safety is guaranteed by the two handles and safety guard. The metal handle helps you to easily lift and tip the AMOS Chimney Starter and the stay-cool thermoplastic handle will keep your hand cool and safe throughout use. The safety guard shelters you from the hot metal body of the chimney starter, ensuring no charcoal and little heat will reach your hand.
The AMOS Chimney Starter is suitable for use with all types and brands of charcoal including lumpwood and briquettes. For best results use lumpwood if you are cooking for under an hour and charcoal briquettes for anything over an hour. The large 2.8kg capacity lets it hold an ample supply of charcoal, so you can get enough heat and cooking power for burgers, ribs and wings. More than enough to cook your whole party's food!
The AMOS Chimney Starter comes with a detailed Instruction Manual with a step-by-step charcoal lighting guide that will get you through the process quickly and safely. The manual also includes some example BBQ recipes.
Perfect for meat lovers and vegetable BBQ-ers alike, this fantastic AMOS Chimney Starter is a true essential this summer. Get yours today!
• The easiest, quickest & cleanest way to light charcoal for your barbecue
• Hot charcoals ready for cooking in just 10 – 20 minutes
• No more waiting around for it to slowly heat
• No need for lighter fluid or firelighters
• Eliminates the awful petroleum flavour from your barbecued food
• Durable heavy duty galvanised steel construction
• Superior air circulation for evenly burning charcoal that guarantees evenly cooked food
• Conical grate encourages air circulation
• Side holes ensure that air circulates through all the charcoal for even burning
• Bottom holes pull the air from outside & draw it up through the chimney starter
• Stay cool thermoplastic handle keeps your hand cool & safe
• Metal handle helps you lift & tip the chimney starter easily
• Safety guard ensures no charcoal & little heat will reach your hand
• Suitable for use with all types of charcoal including lumpwood & briquettes
• Large 2.8kg capacity
• Includes Instruction Manual with detailed, step-by-step charcoal lighting guide & example barbecue recipes
• 30.5cm (H) x 30cm (W) x 19cm (D)
• 2.8kg capacity
1 x AMOS Charcoal Chimney Starter (Large)