Rustins Danish Oil
Rustins Danish Oil is the original Danish Oil. It differs from Teak Oil in that it contains special ingredients, which prevent it from drying to a gloss.
- The original formulation of purified tung oil, vegetable oils and resins
- Primes, seals and finishes all woods, including oak, teak, mahogany and pine
- Hard wearing and durable
- Ideal for food preparation surfaces
- Forms a water-resistant seal
- Enhances the natural beauty of open-grained wood
- Easy to apply and maintain
- Does not leave a surface film to chip or scratch
- Dries to a natural, low-lustre, satin finish
New or Bare Timber
- Bare wood must be clean, smooth, dry and free from wax, dust and other surface contaminants
- Bare wood may be stained or dyed with either a water based or solvent based wood stain or dye before application of Danish finishing oil
- Do not apply a knotting agent or sanding sealer
Previously Coated Timber
- Ensure that all previous paints and varnishes are removed with a suitable paint and varnish remover before finishing with Danish Oil
- Previously waxed surfaces should be thoroughly scrubbed with white spirit or a wax and polish remover, and a scouring pad
- Wipe away the dissolved wax or polish with a clean rag
- Wipe surface with water to test that all of the wax has been removed
- Repeat the process if the water continues to bead on the surface of the wood
Always do a test area to confirm performance and compatibility before starting any project and follow the manufacturer's instructions on the container at all times. Stir/shake Rustins Danish Oil well before use or product will dry to a gloss finish.
Danish Oil should be applied at a room temperature of between 15? - 25?. Do not apply below 5?.
- Apply the Danish Oil liberally with a clean lint-free cloth or good quality brush, and wipe off any surplus oil after a few minutes
- For a superior smooth finish, the final coat may be applied using a plastic scouring pad, rubbing in the direction of the grain and wiping away any surplus with a soft, lint-free cloth or paper towel
- Re-coat once the previous coat is dry (approximately 4 - 6 hours in normal drying conditions)
- New or bare wood should be oiled 3 times initially
- Exterior wood requires a minimum of 3 coats applied liberally and not wiped off
- To improve penetration and durability, dilute the first coat 20% with white spirit
- If applying Danish Oil to veneered doors, it is advisable to check with the door manufacturer before proceeding
Surfaces finished with Rustins Danish Oil can be periodically re-coated if the surface becomes tired looking, dry or scuffed. Wipe surfaces before re-oiling with a lint-free cloth or rag slightly dampened with White Spirit.
All standard orders will be processed within one business day (Monday-Friday excluding Weekends, Bank Holidays & Public Holidays) For urgent deliveries we recommend to choose option Next Day Delivery as it is a Guaranteed Delivery on Next Working Day of Shipping. Items purchased over the weekend or on bank holidays will be sent out the next working day.
Free UK Delivery:
All items are sent via Hermes, Royal Mail or Yodel, usually standard delivery arrives within 3 days but may be up to 5 depending on the exact service that is used.
If you need your item urgent then please place an order with option Next Day Delivery on checkout.
Next Day Delivery - £4.99:
For urgent deliveries we recommend Next Day Delivery as it is a Guaranteed Delivery on Next Working Day of Shipping.
Please note we will ship all orders the same day if placed before 12:00 (Monday-Friday excluding Weekends, Bank Holidays & Public Holidays)
The International delivery services that we currently offer are Royal Mail Standard Airmail, DPD Direct and DPD Classic.
Airmail usually takes between 7 to 10 working days, please allow extra time for remote locations.
DPD Direct is our fully trackable express service which is only available for certain EU countries and the delivery time varies by country but generally takes 3 to 6 working days.
DPD Classic is also a fully trackable service and offers EU shipping for larger items and some countries that are not available with DPD Direct. This service also varies by country but generally takes 2 to 8 working days.
At the time of checkout you will be provided with the available delivery services based on weight and country.
In some cases shipping will not be available, this will usually be due to the weight, please feel free to contact us for a shipping quote but please beware these quotes usually cost slightly more.
It is often the case that many items that seem to be undelivered are in fact at your local Royal Mail collection office or with neighbours waiting to be collected. Calling cards are not always left by Royal Mail. We therefore ask you to contact them before contacting us. When ordering with us this means you are agree with us to leave your parcel with neighbours if no one available at the delivery address at the time of delivery man came.
If your item does not arrive and you have checked with your neighbours and local collection office please be aware you need to wait a full 15 working days after dispatching before we can assume your item is actually lost. We have to abide by the Royal Mail policy and follow their procedures for refunds or redelivery. More information regarding Royal Mail claims procedures can be found by clicking on the link below: Click Here.
We will only send replacement items once Royal Mail confirms the item is lost. This will be 15 days from date of dispatch. Please contact our customer service if your item is lost after the 15 day period. We cannot be held responsible for delays caused by Royal Mail, your local postal service or by International Customs Inspections.
If your parcel comes back to us due to any reason like no answer at your front door, address incomplete, address inaccessible, address unknown, refused, not called for or recipients (no one) available to sign the parcel to the delivery address, then the buyer is responsible for, the process of resending the parcel to the buyer again.
Please do not sign for and accept the parcel if you find the seal is opened or the packaging is damaged. We cannot accept responsibility for damaged items after they have been accepted.